If there is anything that is universal to web developers across technological and cultural boundaries, it is searching for solutions ... a lot.
I've decided that I will keep a log of the most useful links I come across. Maybe they will help others out on their similar quests ... and! ... More likely so I can have a quick way to reference "that article that seems to have been lost in the abyss that is my browser history".
I will keep these types of lists down to only resources that I, for some reason or other, found noteworthy at the time. Feel free to share any must-have's that you feel belong on the list.
Pardon the lack of details ;)
Testing (PHPSpec, PHPUnit, and Laravel)
- PHP: The Right Way
- Database Transactions in Laravel - @fideloper
- Skipped and Incomplete Tests - PHPUnit Docs
- Conversation: When to use and not to use PHPSpec
- PHPSpec/Laravel Helper Package (BenConstable)
- TutsPlus May 2014 - Getting Started With Phpspec
- Sylius Contributing Docs Good clear examples of how to setup and use PHPSpec, Behat, Selenium, etc...
- Garbage Collection in PHP Explained - SitePoint
- Simple "Convert bytes to MB/GB/etc..." snippet - StackOverflow
- How to create a PSR-4 PHP package
- @fideloper on Hexagonal Architecture - Awesomely comprehensive/detailed... you may want to grab a cup of coffee. ... actually, make that two.
- Laravel.io Podcast Ep:14 - The guys at Laravel.io talk about application architecture, growing as a software developer, and engaging in community.
Some of the results of my experimentation: works in progress...
Todo Application using Laravel, AngularJS, and Vagrant/Homestead
A minimal example of testing Laravel's Eloquent relationships using PHPSpec with much more in the works...
Package: SendGrid Web API
My first shot at developing a standalone PSR compliant package. This will interface with SendGrid's Web API for sending email, list management, and reporting/analytics.